Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Long Hiatus

I made a vow to myself that I would try and blog regularly but life happens and time gets away from me and it just never happens.



We have been enjoying our summer though. I am however ready for the fall to be here because it means we will have our routine back again. I very much enjoy our routines. The Teacher starts back to school well yesterday. He is a football coach and they had their first official practice yesterday. Today and tomorrow will be a long day in the miserable heat. Better him than me. Ha ha. Then starting next week, starts a treacherous long 3 months for us. I know that The Teacher loves coaching, so I try really hard not to complain and just do what needs to be done, but the stress eventually gets to us. I am tired because I work granted 3 days a week, but I still am doing the normal mom stuff, like feeding the children, cleaning the house, laundry, driving Z man to school, picking him up, taking Princess M to dance class, Zman to soccer, etc. You get the idea. Its a lot of running around and crazy hectic schedules and I feel like I am a single mom. Of course this year will be harder since right after football season is over with, The Teacher goes right into coaching Basketball, but at least based on what I have seen, it isn't quite as hectic as football. At least this is what I am hoping for. Plus the kids and I can venture out to see more of his games. Football is hard because the kids are obsessed with running up and down the bleachers!

Princess M turned 3 on Monday. I cannot believe that my baby girl is 3. She is thankfully almost completely potty trained. She has a little bit of an attitude at times and has accidents because she doesn't feel like going, but I am hoping that this attitude is due to the transitioning we are going through right now. I am tired of doing so laundry because of these little accidents. We had a Princess birthday party for her on Saturday and she had a blast seeing her friends and all our family. She of course got spoiled and it makes me happy to see her happy. On her actual birthday we took the kids to the Lincoln Park Zoo and it was nice. It wasn't very crowded and we were able to see and do something different. We almost always go to the Brookfield Zoo since we are members there and it is nice, but this was a change of scenery for us.

Z-man is doing great. He cannot wait until he goes back to school in a couple of weeks. He is happy to be going 3 days a week. He needs to go back because he really needs the structure that school provides for him. We are signing him up for soccer this fall. The Teacher wants to sign him up for Hockey as well, but I don't necessarily think that is a great idea. It's beyond expensive. The Teacher looked into and said that it was $70 for lessons, which I could handle. However, then they tack on the whole $150-$250 range for equipment. He's 4 1/2 years old and I am not spending that much. So he will do soccer this fall, and tball in the spring. Maddy is doing dance class this fall and then we will add gymnastics to the mix in the spring. To say that we are going to be busy is an understatement.

As for me, I am doing good. My birthday was on July 29th and we celebrated by going to North Beach with the kids and my mom. The kids had an absolute blast playing in the chilly water. It was fun for all involved. I have been stressed the last couple of weeks because I was trying to arrange for some additional childcare. My moms work schedule has her working a couple of days til 1 or 2 pm, and since I start work at 12, I needed someone to fill in the gap. Thankfully I have a great friend who has 2 little girls the same age as my kids who is going to help me out and fill in the times when my mom is still at work until she is able to go and pick them up for me. I think it will be nice for the kids as well because they love playing with their friends. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. I am like I said earlier getting nervous about our crazy routine but we always manage to survive somehow. Thankfully I have a great support system in my friends and family who help me out. Plus when The Teacher is home, he is a big help and gives me a little break. I do have to say though I hate making dinner just for the kids and myself. I like eating dinner as a family.

I am sure that we did a lot more this summer ( I know we went away) but I just don't have the time to blog about it. Maybe I will in the future. Doubtful, but I can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment