Monday, March 1, 2010

A 2 year old with an attitude

Raising a girl has been very different. Z-man was an easy baby, started his terrible 2's on his first birthday, but quickly outgrew them. He would test his limits, but when we told him no, he would move on. Granted we had to tell him no A LOT, but he would move on. Princess M on the other hand is a handful. From the day I found out I was pregnant, she has been very dramatic. She was a difficult baby, crying many nights for hours on end, never letting anyone other than me hold her for practically the first 6 months of her life, and now we have entered the terrible 2's. Thankfully, we have just recently started on her terrible 2's, however they have come in with avengence. When she is doing something she is not supposed to be doing and you tell her no, she yells and screams at you. She will hit, bite, kick whoever is disciplining her. We do the whole time out thing, but she's 2 1/2 and I am pretty sure it enters one ear and exits the other side and at no point gets processed. She is a kind, loving, gentle child when she wants to be.

If she has such an attitude now, I am fearful for the teenage years. I am pretty sure I am going to want to ship her off to boarding school. I kid of course, but ask me in a few years, I may no longer be kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment