Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Mothers Day Tea

Today at Z man's preschool, it was the Mothers Day Tea. Z man was super excited for me to be at his school with him and I was so excited to see there and it just be us. He is a real daddy's boy so he would prefer to hang out with Daddy than Mommy. I get to his school and I walk up the stairs to his classroom. He greets me at the door and gives me a paper rose that I can pin on my shirt. I thought I was going to cry right there. He was so adorable giving it to me. At that point, I wanted to tell him that I am the only girl that he is ever allowed to give any kind of flower to, but I held myself back as I know that he will one day give flowers to someone else. We got to take our picture together which I assume that they are going to put in a little frame and give to us next week. Then, Z man led me to my seat where all the moms sat waiting for the kids to start their show. The kids all sang us several songs. I was so proud of him because he was singing (off key, but that's okay) and he was just beaming with pride. Oh how I love my little guy! After they were done singing, Z man came over and sat with me and his teachers had asked all the kids some basic questions about their mommies and we were going to try and figure out who's kid said what.

The questions were:
1) What is your Mommy's Name?
Z Man's response: Mom (He is correct, but he does actually know what my name is)
2) How old is she?
Z Man's response: Bigger than I am.
3) How much does she weigh?
Z Man's response: 8 ( If I only weighed 8 pounds, we would have a lot of issues, but it was at least better than some responses in which moms weighed a ton or 2000 pounds.)
4) What color is her hair?
Z Man's response: Black (Just for the record my hair is brown)
5) What is her favorite drink?
Z Man's response: Water (now I do like water, but I like Coke better than anything else)
6) What does she cook?
Z Man's Response: In her kitchen. She makes eggs. ( I do make other things as well, so my guess is that the day the questionaire was answered, I had made eggs for breakfast)
7) What is her favorite tv show?
Z Man's Response: American Idol (I hate this show, so since so many kids gave this response, I am going to guess that is why he said this)

You have to love some kids responses. They were quite humerous. After this, Z man got me my present. I had to send in a pair of shoes a month ago, so I knew it was going to be something involved with that. The shoes were bronzed and he apparently is growing something. I believe it is a plant of some kind. Let's just hopeI don't kill it before it grows. We had cookies and "tea" (read apple juice and lemonade). It was a great day and I am so glad that I got to spend the morning with him.

After preschool, we met my mom and Princess M at a nursery where the kids bought me a beautiful hanging basket and stepping stone kits so I can have their handprints in them. I don't need anything for Mothers Day. I just always want to spend the day with my children and make sure that they know that there is no one in this world who is more important to me than the two of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment