Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

I cannot believe that it is Christmas. I swear this year has just flown by. I guess that is what happens when you are so busy.

Z Man had to Christmas program last week and he did amazing. He got a solo part where he had to name all the reindeer and he sang it perfectly. I was beyond proud of him. Now he is done with school for the next week or so, which it is kinda nice not having to rush out of the house in the morning.

We have no real plans for today, which is how we like it. Santa's Elves will be dropping off some Christmas jammies to the kids as soon as Z man and the Teacher wake up from their nap. We are just having a nice dinner at home and hoping that the kids go to bed at a decent hour since I have to still wrap presents for them. Bedtime has not gone very well the last couple of weeks, so I have been unable to do it.

Tomorrow, my in-laws typically come over, but The Teacher's stepfather is in the hospital with pneumonia so we are not sure what is going on yet. The kids will be disappointed if they don't see them, but obviosly we only want for everyone to be healty. We usually go to my grandparents for dinner on Christmas Day. This way we don't have as many presents to drag home with us, and it only means we have to travel to one place.

I can't wait until tomorrow morning when the kids wake up and see their presents. I know that are going to be so excited to see the presents under the tree. They have been asking for the past few weeks if it was the day Santa was coming. Now we can finally say, yes!

I am such a scrooge as well though because my Christmas tree and decorations will be down tomorrow. In my defense, the tree is in the kid's play area so with all the new toys, it is necessary for us to take it down. Plus, I am a person who needs structure and normalcy. I can only handle Christmas for so long.

So Merry Christmas to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment