Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Rumble?!?!?

So this morning, I went to go and pick Z-man up from school. While waiting for him at the car door, his teacher walks him out and says, "Okay, so Z-man and 2 other boys were about to rumble. Z-man got a time out and had to talk to the principal. He wasn't the worse though. Another little boy actually threw a punch." That was it. Nothing more, no elaborations. I guess maybe I don't want to know more. So, I strap in the boy and drive away. I start to ask Z-man about it. His response to me, " I was bad, but I don't want to talk about it." That surely wasn't going to fly with me. I hate hate hate getting bad reports from school. So finally he starts to tell me what happened, but then Little Mom (Princess M) decides to constantly interject telling me Z-man was a bad boy.

Since I am only going off what my 4 year old is telling me, I can only assume based on knowing my son and having helped out several times in his class, that this is kinda how it went down. My guess is that the other 2 boys (who I have observed to be rather rough and down right mean at times to other kids) were going at it. Z-man was interested and dove right in. It's typical behavior for Z-man. I think he feels like he is missing something, but all that he missed out on was being able to stay with his class. I believe that my son should be punished because he obviously was misbehaving to some degree, whether or not it was playing,is still no excuse.

I am worried now though. I know my son is not the agressive type. Princess M is my agressor (she doesn't get her way, she bites, hits, kicks, screams, etc. We are working on this) He is just a curious boy. I am worried though that 4 year old are throwing punches and are "ready to rumble." We are only in preschool. Our first year of preschool. I have how many more years of schooling to now worry about. I am nervous now!

I did however really find it amusing that the teacher said "ready to rumble" I did call The Teacher and tell him about it and he repeated the words back like I was smoking something. I had to explain, those are not my words, but his teachers.

So now we have a day filled without some luxuries he is used to. No Leapster today and no playing his Nick Jr games. He was quite upset when I told him what his punishment was. I would tell him he has to stay inside but that's not fair to his sister, so that is what he is going to have to deal with. At least until Daddy gets home!

No comments:

Post a Comment