Friday, April 23, 2010

Show us your Life: My Knight in Shining Armor

This week at Kelly's Korner, for Show us your Life, it is how you met your husband.

Disclosure: Now, when I first met the Teacher, I was dating someone, but this relationship was long over, however every time I thought about ending it, I would chicken out for some reason. I knew though in my heart that my ex boyfriend was not the person I wanted to spend my life with.

I met The Teacher when I was working as an Assistant Manager at a shoe store (hey, I was in college and working to pay for it) and The Teacher was actually a part time security guard. He was also a Teacher's Aide with hopes of teaching the next school year. I remember seeing him walking past the store front several times before I actually ever talked to him and thinking he was cute. I think it was the Mounty Hat that really made him cute. Ha ha!

On a Saturday evening, there was a couple of women who ended up stealing from us. I called Security to come and assist as these ladies were trying to leave. That whole you can't stop them until they actually leave the store with your merchandise is a load of crap because quite honestly if someone shoved shoes without the box into a shopping bag, they surely have no intention of buying them! I digress though. So anyways, security comes and my friend who I work with and The Teacher go after them. They eventually catch them and discover that they have stolen a lot of things throughout the mall. I was of course freaking out in the store because I just sent my friend out who weighs like nothing to go and stop a thief who was surely twice her size. Thankfully all ended well and it was the opening I guess the Teacher needed to start talking to me.

Now I apparently look a lot younger than I am. I constantly get comments when they find out how old I am or that I have two kids saying that they thought I was only 16 years old. So The Teacher had to feel me out to find out how old I was. He asked where I went to school to try and piece it together. He eventually asked me out and the rest is history.

Well not really I guess. I really liked him and knew he was the one right away. I of course had a little problem known as a boyfriend to deal with. So after our first date, I called up my now ex boyfriend and told him that we would need to talk after work. He figured out that we were going to be breaking up and it didn't end well at all.

The Teacher and I dated for 6 weeks before getting engaged (yes I know it was quick), but we were engaged for 16 months before actually saying "I do."

Tomorrow we will be celebrating our 6 year wedding anniversary. He is still my best friend and love of my life. He is a wonderful father to our children and always is trying to make our lives better.

So for all those people that thought we were nuts for getting engaged so fast, look how long we have lasted!




Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

3 comments:

  1. So fun! Y'all make a very cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are a beautiful family. what a cute story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it was a good thing that woman was shoplifting that day! I'm guessing that's probably one of the few times it ever will be. Just found your story through Kelly's Korner an wanted to wish you a happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete