Sunday, August 15, 2010

Our weekly Schedule

It is sad to say but summer is coming to an end. For us, the end of summer gives way to a hectic and chaotic fall. As if our fall wasn't already crazy enough, we decided to sign Z man up for soccer. He will be going 2 days a week Tuesdays and Saturdays. We know that he will love it. He is talking about it nonstop. He needs this structure for sure.

I am writing my schedule out so that I can feel I have a better handle on this. Our calendar on the fridge is filled up every day. There is always something going on. Not necessarily with me or the kids, but when The Teacher works/coaches, it means that we have a new routine/schedule.

So our Mondays: The Teacher leaves by 6:30 am, Z man starts school at 8:45 which means we have to leave our house by 8:20ish to ensure we make it there on time. Princess M will be starting dance class soon, so soon after dropping Z man off at school, we will rush over to the dance studio where Princess M will have an hour long dance class. After dance class, we will go and pick up Z man and rush so that I amy be able to drop the kids off at my friends house by 11:40ish and then rush to work. I work til 8 pm, The Teacher works until 7ish. I am really hoping my mom is able to talk to work and that she is able to get Mondays off so I can just drop the kids off at her house and not rush so much!a

Tuesdays: The Teacher leaves at 6:30am. We thankfully have nothing to do in the mornings! Realistically, it will be me doing laundry and changing sheets, etc. We will have to leave our house by 11 am so that I can drop the kids off at my friends house. My mom will pick the kids up and take them back to her house. I will then leave work at 4, run to my parents house, eat dinner, and get Z man ready for soccer. Soccer is from 6pm-7pm. After soccer, we will head home for baths and bedtime routine. Hopefully the same time we get home, The Teacher will be home as well and he can assist.

Wednesdays: The Teacher leaves at 6:30am. Z man has school, so off we go by 8:20am. After dropping Z man off at school, Princess M and I will probably either run errands or go back and hang at my parents house. Once school is over, we go to pick him up and then once again rush to get to my friends house to drop the kids off. I will work from 12-5pm and then go to my parents house for dinner. This day will be hopefully the day The Teacher gets out of work earlier (if they have a Thursday game)

Thursdays: Our day of absolute nothingness. I will cherish this day! The Teacher will have to work, but the kids and I will have absolutely no set plans. We will probably do stuff but at least we don't have to do anything. It may very well end up being my cleaning day. Who knows and who cares! I know I don't! If The Teacher has a game on Thursdays, we might go to the game and see him. He doesn't seem to have a lot of Thursday games though!

Fridays: I thankfully don't work, but Z man does have school again. The Teacher is nonexistant this day. He leaves at 6:30 in the morning and that is the last that the kids see of him. He typically does not get home until after 10 on this night (due to Varsitys schedule). It is a long day for me. The nights are lonely as I am home by myself, but I make due with movies and watching the Tivo'd shows I missed during the week. Plus one of my favorite shows has moved to Friday nights. We will have dinner at my parents or grandparents house so thankfully, I only cook dinner on Thursdays in my house! ha ha! Life is good. I dread Fridays though.

Saturdays: I work every other Saturday from 8-2. We have it I believe planned out so that someone will be able to take Z man to soccer practice on the days I am unable to, since he has practice from 10-11 am. The Teacher has either practice or games on these days. I am lucky to have great parents and in laws who will help out as needed.

Sundays: Our day of rest or family day. It's also grocery shopping day. At least we are all together and that is what matters.

I stress out right now over this schedule but I know that the first few days will be hard, but then it will get easier for us. We get by and that is all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment