Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Z Man's First Soccer Practice

Yesterday was Z Man's first day of soccer. He had been talking about going for a while, so we decided to sign him up through the Park District. He was quite excited when he learned he would be going. We bought him Shin Guards, Soccer socks, a jersey from the Park District, and his very own soccer ball. His practice is from 6-7 and it was kinda nice because The Teacher got out of his football practice earlier than we had thought so he was able to go to the practice. I did discover that The Teacher has a difficult time just letting Z Man just go with the flow. It is a non compete league so everything is just fun. The first few weeks is just teaching the kids the fundamentals about soccer. The Teacher wanted him to be great. I had to keep reminding him that they are kids and just learning. Nobody is expecting them to be awesome.

At one point, his team The Earthquakes were all standing in a line and were going to kick the ball. Z Man looks over at The Teacher and myself and whispered (mouthed) Thank you to us. It was too cute. He had an absolute blast which is all that matters.

We had some problems with trying to convince Princess M that she could not be standing next to Z man and that she had to stay near us. She eventually was content with taking the camera and pretending to take shots of Z Man and us. She was on her knees trying to get the perfect shot. I wish that she didn't have the camera so that I could have taken a picture of her doing this. It was so cute and absolutely hilarious.

Bedtime proved to be quite a issue because both kids were overtired. My Mom said that they did end up falling asleep when she was driving them home, but apparently that was no where near enough sleep for the two of them. Eventually they both did fall asleep. And eventually they both ended up in our bed last night.

On a different note, I blogged last about how my parents had to put their dog Holly down because she had been run over and there wasn't much they could do to guarantee her quality of life. Yesterday was the first day I had gone over to my parents house since it happened on Sunday. It was definitely weird not to hear Holly barking at me when I walked up the driveway or see her find your feet to sit on. I miss her a lot. Z Man still says every so often that he misses Holly but says that she is in Heaven. The other 3 dogs seem pretty unphased by it, but I think my other parents dog is seeking more attention and wants to be around everyone more.

No comments:

Post a Comment